Sunday 26 April 2020

COVID-19 The Italian Reading Space - Week 7 of lockdown

Dear friends,

We're coming to the end of week 7 of lockdown in Italy and it's been another week of juggling teleworking with the household chores and family complaints. How was your week?

My week started in a good way. I was happy to be at home which has given me the possibility to continue with my writing while I'm doing my full-time job at home. I've been able to find time during the day to get some writing done and I really like this new way of working.

I schedule my day starting at 8 a.m. and ending at 10 p.m. with work, writing, breaks, exercise and leisure. It's important to take the time to break away from what we're doing in order to keep the mind and body healthy.

As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, we invested in an elliptical machine which I use ever second day. I like to exercise in the morning and I've found a good balance of alternating my days with the elliptical machine and postural exercises. This has kept my body and mind fit while staying at home.

It's not easy being at home with the family when we're not used to it. We're normally out most of the day at work or university, so it was a real challenge when we needed to stay home without going outside. Our daughters stay in their own rooms and study, listen to lessons online, and video chat with friends. Is this our future?

We're not sure how long this lifestyle will continue but it's important to find a happy lifestyle. Work is important but so is spending quality time with the family. This pandemic has slowed us down and given us the possibility to sit around a table and talk, play games or watch a film together. When was the last time we did this? We live such a fast paced life that we forget to slow down and enjoy the moments with our family, create memories that will last a lifetime.

Well, we're about to start week 8 of the shutdown and I wonder how far we are from the sci-fi films we watch at the movies. We're already wearing masks. There are three things we need to protect in order to live well. Air, water, and earth. Let's be thoughtful of our choices in life so that we live a good life and we give future generations a chance to survive.

If you haven't read my previous posts, all my #ebooks (pen names included) are #FREE during the COVID-19 pandemic with the #authorsgiveback campaign. You will find the links below to download my ebooks.

Stay home - stay healthy - stay safe!
#noistiamoacasa

Buona domenica ragazzi.
Grace

Author Grace Kagni (adult romance novels): https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/GraceKagni
Author Rita Gracie (adult romance novellas):  https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/ritagracie
Author K. Gracie (young adult romance novels): https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/kgracie

3 comments:

  1. Oh, these lockdown stories are giving me major flashbacks. I remember my time when I was in quarantine due to covid and oh my god the loneliness I felt was surreal, I was absolutely facing the worst days, I could not focus on my dissertation probably that is why I order dissertation online for the first time. I am so glad that slowly and gradually everything is coming back to its normal life. I am fully vaccinated and living the free life again. But reading such stories again takes me to the roller coaster ride of memories! Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Panther Jackets Is A Leather Jackets WareHouse Providing Jackets In USA, Canada and UK.With Free Shipping
    San Francisco Dons Varsity Wool Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a jacket made from 100% pure leather. It is known as paneled biker leather. The jacket consists of a side zipper closure. Stylish accessories are available with this jacket so they give a unique touch to the jacket.

    Sl8 Suede Leather Jacket
    Trek New York Faux Leather Jacket
    Sebastian Stan Green Leather Jacket

    ReplyDelete

COVID-19 The Italian Reading Space - Week 7 of lockdown

Dear friends, We're coming to the end of week 7 of lockdown in Italy and it's been another week of juggling teleworking with the h...