Saturday 29 September 2018

Welcome back from Rome, Italy 🇮🇹

Hello friends,

I’ve been away from my blog this summer, working hard on the revision and copyediting of my previously published novels. It’s hard work, and yet it has made me fall in love with my characters all over again.

I have lots of new scenes popping into my head with the most recent disasters that occurred in Italy this summer. The fall of the Morandi Bridge in Genoa has been a major heartbreak for many Italians as it happened when the population was leaving or returning from summer vacation. This heartfelt disaster really touched many Italians and it put things into perspective for many of us. We often complain about insignificant things in life and then we realize that our lives could change from one moment to the next.

I hope your summer was pleasant and that the return to school or work has been positive. Living a frustrating lifestyle in Rome, I’m often asked what makes me happy and what I do to destress. I love to read and my writing gives me something to celebrate. Reading and writing allow me to disappear into a world of fantasy where my problems and stress disappear. It is a wonderful feeling, knowing I can go to it anytime I feel the need. It’s like an escape valve which is there ready whenever I need it.

I’d love to hear how you destress.

Happy weekend 😎

Grace


No comments:

Post a Comment

COVID-19 The Italian Reading Space - Week 7 of lockdown

Dear friends, We're coming to the end of week 7 of lockdown in Italy and it's been another week of juggling teleworking with the h...